STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

The Olympic Spirit: Unity and Inspiration

shaniehuynh
The Olympics is a time to forget about any worries, a time to cheer on our countries, a break from daily life. The thrill and tension of the Games makes it feel as if the viewers are taking part in such a significant event. From the opening ceremony to the closing ceremony, there are many people, including my family, who cannot take their eyes off the television for even a second. This beauty of the Olympic Games sparks a unity for people rooting for the same country and inspiration to those who aim to achieve a dream.
Throughout the year, everyone in my family attends to their own business and is too busy to even have dinner with every single member present. However, there is one momentous circumstance that will always bring us together. That is the Summer Olympic Games. Throughout the Summer Olympics, my family becomes a united whole and we sit together every night to watch the Games together. Regardless of what we are doing, we will unequivocally convene and watch our favorite events while sitting side by side. Collectively, we discuss our favorite matches of the day and athletes who we admire the most. Not only my family, but each country as a single assemblage becomes united into a whole as every person supports the athletes who represent them.
As an athlete myself, I am inspired and motivated by such athletes who are able to reach their goals, especially considering how young they were when they set that target and began training. Track and field athlete Jesse Owens once said, “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self discipline, and effort.” His words encourage me to try hard not only in sports, but also in life and in everything I do. Seeing all the Olympians allow me to realize that if I persevere and put in my best work, I can accomplish my dreams too.
The Olympics is not just a competition to determine the superior country; it serves as a common interest to bring people together and encouragement to chase any aspirations. No matter where one is from, people can enjoy watching the Olympics together and display the Olympic Spirit.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy