The Olympic Spirit: Reaching My Potential

tracytuong
Wilma Rudolph, former Olympic champion, expresses, “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” Being in the Olympics is an amazing opportunity that, no doubt, took many years of training and perseverance. Without the motivation to spend hours on end working for a single goal, one cannot expect to fulfill that aim. Simply the drive to achieve such greatness is inspirational.
The Olympic Spirit influences me to work hard and strive to be the best that I can possibly be. Witnessing the hard work and motivation of these talented competitors, some even my age or younger, makes me believe that despite the obstacles in my way, I can achieve any goal that I wish to pursue in my life. The greatness that can be seen in the competitors fuels my ambition to reach my potential. The inspiration of these Olympians allows me to have confidence in chasing my dreams, and not letting petty obstacles stop me. I believe that if I put in everything that I possibly can, I can acquire the grades I want, be fit and healthy, and enjoy life with my friends and family. Thus far, I have been able to maintain a perfect GPA, squeeze in a daily workout between homework, and have a release of stress by being around my loved ones. When I feel as though I am giving up on my ambitions, the Olympic Spirit reminds me that I can pull through, and that my ultimate goal will be reached.
The Olympic Spirit is pure motivation for me to accomplish my aims in life. It is astonishing to see kids my age taking on something as remarkable as the Olympics, and though it is a far more impressive success than anything I will ever be able to achieve, it motivates me to at least reach my potential and try my hardest to attain my goals.