Olympic spirit

emilysam
The feelings an athlete has when he or she receives a gold medal, can only be imagined by the general public. The moment must be pure bliss for each athlete, their family, and coaches. All the hard work they put into this moment is paid off. All the times it was so hard to wake up in the morning and experiencing physical and mental exertion all day has finally resulted in something rewarding. The accomplishment and pride an athlete must feel will be experienced by few. Very few people will share the same level of satisfaction as an athlete standing on a podium. Being the best in the world doesn't come easily. An athlete must push himself past his breaking point. When an athlete is tired and out of breath they just push themselves even harder. Although there can only be one best, and one second and third best, there are multiple championships at the Olympics. A champion isn't always presented a medal to prove that one is in fact a champion. The self award of satisfaction, which no real athlete allows themselves to feel, is something that a medal can't grant or take away. Even though satisfaction will only hold athletes back from reaching their full potential, giving oneself a pat on the back every once in a while won't hold one back. A champion is one who only rewards them self when it is appropriate. A champion is an athlete who can finally take a moment to relax and reflect on their upward struggle they endured to reach a moment of bliss.