STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Olymic Spirit!

Bubbles
Olympic Spirit!
I think one of my favorite Olympic activities is ice skating. The reason why I say this is because of three specific reasons. I think it’s calm, beautiful, and relieving! Now, let me tell you the reason why I think it’s calm. I feel like ice skating is very calm because it’s very quiet and smooth. When you’re on that ice skating, it’s just you and your performance. You don’t talk, you don’t argue, you don’t write, you don’t worry, (well you shouldn’t), and you don’t do anything stressful. When you’re on the rink skating you feel nothing but air hitting your face and your feet moving swiftly along the ice. You’re moving your body so delicately and so smooth that you should look and feel very calm. Now, the reason why I say it is beautiful is because it so colorful and bright. From the setting of the place to the outfit and skates of the skater. To me, the skaters outfit usually compliments the setting their around. They’re outfits are the prettiest piece of clothing I’ve ever seen. The way they dress when their preforming fits in the category of prom and wedding dresses. Only shorter than the average dress. The way they’re dresses are shaped in the front and in the back and how they move with the wind, is just one of the most beautiful sights I’ve seen as a teenager. The colors are also really pretty! My favorite part of their dresses are the design and the sequence on them. It made them look very pretty and just “out there”! One last thing about the dress that I love is the way it fits! It really brings out the shape and movement of the body on the skater. Anyways, now about their skates! They look so difficult and solidly pretty to skate with. Most skater’s skates are just plain white and everybody knows that white goes with any and everything so it blended with the skater. I’ve seen some skaters with black, tan, and even some had special designs on their skates. Also their hair is so simply done sometimes and it still looks pretty! For some reason I feel like when it comes to skating, everything comes together perfectly. And the skaters that really go all out on their hair, skates, and outfits are the prettiest things ever! And lastly, the reason why it’s relieving. The reason why I say it’s relieving is because since it’s so calm, if you have a lot on your mind or are going through a couple of things you can just go out to the rink and skate. If your mad, skate your heart out, skate hard and put all your heart into the way you’re skating. Let the music compliment your mood and I promise you by the end of your practice or performance you’ll feel much more relieved. Skating is a type of activity that allows you to handle it the way you want to. If you want it to be boring, it’ll be boring. If you want it to be exciting, it’ll be exciting. I also think that skating can damage your feet. Like the way the skates rub against your skin can ruin your feet as far as looks. But aside from that, I love ice skating and I think it is one of the prettiest Olympic sports you can ever watch!
Rate this:
Comment by icesk8er1

Read my story! Please :). Well I'm glad that skaters look pretty, calm, and relaxing to you. That's what we try to do- make something hard look easy. And yes. Our feet are ugly. By the way, when you hit the ice, you are partially right- it is just me and the ice... And my head. Not only is figure skating a physical sport, it is also 80% mental. You are constantly thinking- where does my arm go, how much speed am I getting, when will the music hit this note so I can match this movement with it, etc. It is also extremely tiring... Oh gosh its like running a mile at a sprint... And the dresses have over 200 stones on them- so expensive but so eye catching! And they are kind of tight too- and if you have stones on the straps of your dress, it can get very itchy...
It was very interesting to read your essay and know what other people think of skating :) sorry for writing a lot on your post, my brain was still stuck in essay mode. Sorry! But thanks for writing an interesting essay!
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:14:39 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy