Olymic Spirit!

Bubbles
Olympic Spirit!
I think one of my favorite Olympic activities is ice skating. The reason why I say this is because of three specific reasons. I think it’s calm, beautiful, and relieving! Now, let me tell you the reason why I think it’s calm. I feel like ice skating is very calm because it’s very quiet and smooth. When you’re on that ice skating, it’s just you and your performance. You don’t talk, you don’t argue, you don’t write, you don’t worry, (well you shouldn’t), and you don’t do anything stressful. When you’re on the rink skating you feel nothing but air hitting your face and your feet moving swiftly along the ice. You’re moving your body so delicately and so smooth that you should look and feel very calm. Now, the reason why I say it is beautiful is because it so colorful and bright. From the setting of the place to the outfit and skates of the skater. To me, the skaters outfit usually compliments the setting their around. They’re outfits are the prettiest piece of clothing I’ve ever seen. The way they dress when their preforming fits in the category of prom and wedding dresses. Only shorter than the average dress. The way they’re dresses are shaped in the front and in the back and how they move with the wind, is just one of the most beautiful sights I’ve seen as a teenager. The colors are also really pretty! My favorite part of their dresses are the design and the sequence on them. It made them look very pretty and just “out there”! One last thing about the dress that I love is the way it fits! It really brings out the shape and movement of the body on the skater. Anyways, now about their skates! They look so difficult and solidly pretty to skate with. Most skater’s skates are just plain white and everybody knows that white goes with any and everything so it blended with the skater. I’ve seen some skaters with black, tan, and even some had special designs on their skates. Also their hair is so simply done sometimes and it still looks pretty! For some reason I feel like when it comes to skating, everything comes together perfectly. And the skaters that really go all out on their hair, skates, and outfits are the prettiest things ever! And lastly, the reason why it’s relieving. The reason why I say it’s relieving is because since it’s so calm, if you have a lot on your mind or are going through a couple of things you can just go out to the rink and skate. If your mad, skate your heart out, skate hard and put all your heart into the way you’re skating. Let the music compliment your mood and I promise you by the end of your practice or performance you’ll feel much more relieved. Skating is a type of activity that allows you to handle it the way you want to. If you want it to be boring, it’ll be boring. If you want it to be exciting, it’ll be exciting. I also think that skating can damage your feet. Like the way the skates rub against your skin can ruin your feet as far as looks. But aside from that, I love ice skating and I think it is one of the prettiest Olympic sports you can ever watch!
Comment by icesk8er1

Read my story! Please :). Well I'm glad that skaters look pretty, calm, and relaxing to you. That's what we try to do- make something hard look easy. And yes. Our feet are ugly. By the way, when you hit the ice, you are partially right- it is just me and the ice... And my head. Not only is figure skating a physical sport, it is also 80% mental. You are constantly thinking- where does my arm go, how much speed am I getting, when will the music hit this note so I can match this movement with it, etc. It is also extremely tiring... Oh gosh its like running a mile at a sprint... And the dresses have over 200 stones on them- so expensive but so eye catching! And they are kind of tight too- and if you have stones on the straps of your dress, it can get very itchy...
It was very interesting to read your essay and know what other people think of skating :) sorry for writing a lot on your post, my brain was still stuck in essay mode. Sorry! But thanks for writing an interesting essay!
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:14:39 AM