Olympic Spirit: What It Means To Me

akhilac1248
It is not simple to just define Olympic spirit with a textbook definition. Instead, it can be seen in the frenzy when that time comes every two years, whether it is for the Summer Olympics or Winter Olympics. Cheers resounding in the voices of people from every nation tuning in, and the enthusiasm of the competitors themselves depict Olympic spirit. The smiles on each face, and the hugs shared between two teams illustrate Olympic spirit. The people watching from home portray the dedication to their home team depicting Olympic spirit. Most importantly, the expressions of each of the competing peoples describe the quintessence of Olympic spirit. It is most definitely incredible watching the athletes perfecting daring stunts and moves that an average person probably cannot do. Indeed, it must be most difficult to give only three medals away for each event. However the effort put by all athletes is significant as they take pride in the stage to which they have arrived to in Olympics. I, like others, have my own personal favorites but I find myself laughing in joy no matter who is the overall gold winning champion because in my mind, they all are. With all that said, I believe that the true Olympic Spirit comes from being an Olympian whether sitting at home or competing in the sport. That is what having Olympic Spirit means to me.