The Olympic Spirit

Lizzie1999
The dictionary definition of 'Olympics' is "pertaining to the Olympic Games". What if someone doesn't know what the Olympic Games are? What if they don't know what the Olympic Spirit is? The Olympics are known all around the world as a series of competitions and challenges for the best athletesin the world. Everyone knows what it is and how it will work out in the end. The billions of people that watch the Olypmpicsare the Olypmic Spirit, though they may not realize it. They may think that the athletes are the spirit, or the people that host it every four years.
This is for the people. There are people around the world with that "we'll win next time" hope. The people who dedicate their time to watching the Olympics year after Olympic year when others think there are better things they should be doing.Those people who sat at home hoping that some other country will lose and argue that they're better than the professionals when in reality the people on camera are better than you even when they come in last place. This is to the professionals who seem like they're humiliating themselves on national T.V. The Olympians who try their best and show that they are the best at losing because they have a great attitude and help the others along even when it means sacraficing their chance at the gold. Though they may not cross the finish line first or make the highest score, they are better than most people could dream of. They work every day for the entertainment of the different countries and probably secretly hoping that somehow all of the countries will come together to form one big union instead of war. If you want to see what true Olympic Spirit looks like, just look in the mirror. That beautiful face you see is the spirit because you watch and hope for the best to win while still supporting the other countries even when you don't have to.
Even though they make a quarter of what they spend to make it this far and exploiting their skills, they do it. They do it to inspire and motivate other people to work harder at what they're good at and to chase their dreams even when it seems hopless. The athletes are what starts Olympic spirit every four years because they star in the commercials, they pay for the commercial or add in a newspaper. They get the states and countries excited for the games.
The people of every country. Everyone who watches the Olympics are Olympic Spirit. We just need to come together to realize it.