The Olympic Spirit

Endless Love
The Olympic Spirit:

The Olympic Spirit to me means inspiration and dedication. The people who get to compete are extremely inspirational and show others that with enough hard work and dedication you make it far in what you believe in wither it be getting a gold medal for the Olympics or becoming the world’s greatest cardiologist, Gabby Douglas may not have been the youngest but has shown that dedication and hard work will get you far in your goals. She has inspired many people and has not the fame of winning get the better of her. Gabby Douglas made an appearance on a Disney television show called “Kickin’ It” and she helped out another girls gymnastic team see that winning isn’t everything and even though they didn’t place first they were happy with second place and didn’t hold a grudge for not winning. The winners were gloating and rubbing in their face and as karma Gabby didn’t take a photo with the winners but took a photo with the girl who placed second. The show is popular among the younger audience and it may help younger kids to grow up that no matter what winning isn’t everything and shouldn’t be your main reason for doing what they do. If they win they should be happy and not mind so much the fact that they weren’t number one.
Dedication to what you want to do means hard work and determination. Nothing comes easily and if it does then as you grow up you will soon hit rock bottom and ask why when something isn’t handed to you. Everyone should know the value of hard work and what it does for you in the long run. Every Olympic competitor has come to that realization early on. They knew that without the hard work they weren’t going to place first. And even with the dedication and determination some Olympians still were not able to proceed to the front because they didn’t train hard enough like others and still half expected to have the gold medal handed to them. Dedication is a key aspect in life and without the world wouldn’t be the way it was to day.