The Olympic Spirit

selena
Selena Ellis
02/19/14
5th
Olympic spirit
The Olympics have a neat idea but I’m not very interested in watching them on tv. If I were there in person I think it would be pretty awesome to watch. But if youre just watching it on tv I don’t think its very interesting at all. But then again im not really into winter sports. I don’t even like winter or the cold. The athletes in the winter Olympics do endure a lot through the cold and the constant training. I would definitely not enjoy going through all that work. Being in the Olympics must be incredible for the athletes and the parents of the athletes. Its such a big world event and takes so much to get to that once your go youre so proud that you got there you wouldn’t care if you got gold or lost. The atmosphere must be so encouraging and positive for te athletes because they are all so inspiring to others for what they’ve accomplished. Regardless of whether you’re a fan of the Olympics or not all the athletes deserve respect for getting where they are and representing their country in a worldwide event. I feel like the Olympics is the one time that all the nations get together and compete in some friendly competition.