The Olympic Spirit: Within Us All

PerriValRab
The Olympic Spirit: Within Us All
Influence is impact, and impact can be boiled down to physics as a force that collides with something. The human spirit has the power to be an impacting force, but how the human spirit lives is the determining direction of the force and power a person can have on another. Everyone is great, but how a person lives is what allows that greatness to bleed through. There is immense potential that can be fulfilled one moment at a time, but how we as a people conduct ourselves and use our power to influence defines the impact we as a people really have in the world and on one another.
People can be easily influenced by an assortment of actions and emotional connections. People are constantly being pulled and pushed in varying directions with influence breathing down their neck to be and think a certain way. Influence can become a pressure or a negative connotation of what really has potential to make a change for the better. Influence has the opportunity to send off a negative impact that makes people do, believe, or be someone that doesn’t truly reflect the greatness within them.
It’s a choice, not a toss-up of who will be the lucky one, to have a positive impact. In fact, it isn’t only one choice that we make that determines whether we have a beautiful impact on the world or condescending one. Every choice we make each and every day relays to affect the world around us. In each decision we make we have the choice to assist greatness in the making or to push it aside.
Recognizing the greatness within yourself and others is a start to realizing the impact each individual has. Utilizing this potential isn’t selfish as “to be” something great, but is rather within us “to do” something great. This doesn’t mean doing something great for yourself and your own glory, but instead to serve and lift someone else up above yourself. Serving others and loving them despite its difficulty is the potential that lays within us and the priceless and unexplainable impact each person can have on another and on the world.