The Olympic Spirit - Inspires many around the world

FinlandUSAMolly
The Olympics, are a symbolic time for everyone. No matter what nationality, it provides a common interest for the worlds population to come together and root for their country. The Olympic spirit is different for everyone, The olympics brings the world together, during the last olympics (London 2012) the swimming events stood out particularly in my mind.watching Michael Phelps swim for the united states gave me a funny feeling in my chest. Pride, I as many around me, were proud to watch the competitors compete for their country. It would unify nations as to where grudges would be put aside, just to watch the historical events in progress.
When i was little my siblings and i would gather around the TV and watch the olympics, it was an extraordinary time because we not only were watching history in the making but we were watching individuals dreams come true. Now watching Athlete's dreams come true gets your mind thinking that if they were once dreamers, you watch interviews that show you how hard they've trained to get this far and to achieve their dream. It influences me to work and accomplish my dreams.

The Sochi winter games is a sixteen day event and during those sixteen days it lets people all around the world watch people achieve their dream. It fills the citizens of many nations with a sense of hope and Pride. Wilma Rudolph quotes "The potential for greatness lives within each of us" And "Never underestimate the power of dreams, and the influence of the human spirit". Interpreting this, i would say that the olympic spirit is a doorway to allowing the greatness inside of us to be seen. There is greatness in everyone and the Olympics brings it out of people, The olympics is a place where dreams are made, crushed and accomplished.
The Olympics inspired me to perdure a career as a writer, and as i get older i hope that the olympics will continue to inspire me to follow my dreams and do the same for people all around the world, and that is what the olympic spirit means to me.