The Olympic Spirit: Pride and Unity

tsealy
The Olympic Spirit: Dreams and Achievements
The Olympic Games are an event to look forward to, a huge collection of the favorite sports from around the world. The Olympic spirit is the collection of the dreams and hopes of both the Olympians and their fans. The shared emotions inspired by their dreams, achievements, and failures provide a sense of unity and pride across the world. Friday, February 7, 2014 the opening ceremony of the winter Olympics in Sochi marks the start of the 2014 Olympics. The athletes and sports fans across the world will celebrate their sport, and the shared unity and pride they feel is a big part of the Olympic spirit.
The pride an Olympic athlete feels in both their sport and in their ability is a pride that spreads quickly throughout their fans. The Olympic Spirit is one of pride, pride any athlete feels scoring a goal or beating a record. A win brings a sense of overwhelming pride to both the athlete and to their fans, while both feel the effects of a loss. These athletes are accomplishing life goals and achieving dreams that seem almost impossible to most. Olympians are dedicated and obviously accomplished in their sports. This dream to compete in the Olympics has probably been a goal since childhood. To achieve those dreams, accomplish so much, and have all of that hard work pay off must be such a wonderful feeling, and the fans realize it too.
Unity is both an emotion and a state. The Olympics brings out the world’s unity through athletics and love of the teams and sports. It’s not all fun, though; the games encourage everyone’s competitive side. Rooting for their country encourages a sense of nationalism in people around the world. Each country hoping- and knowing- their team will bring home the gold. There is unity in both the individual country and the world. The fact that people all over the world are watching the same game and sport is an idea that brings the world together.
The Olympic Games are a unifying and proud event. They bring together the world, and each individual country. The Olympic spirit is the emotions mixed up in a whirlwind of shared dreams, accomplishments, and inspirations. Athletes and sports fans around the world will celebrate their sport and the athletic pride in achievements and goals will spread around the world. The celebration of the Sochi Olympics begins on February 7, at the opening ceremony.