The Olympic Spirit

Shelbs103
The Olympics are one of the most memorable events around the world. It is such a great honor having your country that you love, competing to be the best. I remember watching the swimming Olympics for the very first time, it was so amazing! Watching the Olympics in the year of 2012 was one of my favorite so far because while watching the close race of Michael Phelps and Chad le Clos, a South African, swimming the two-hundred fly was absolutely breath taking since it was such an accomplishment. The Olympics is a memorable event especially if you watch your favorite sport win, you take pride in your country and the accomplishments each Olympians make.
When you watch the Olympics, most of the time you watch your favorite sport or the sport that you think is most interesting. You always want your team, such as the United States, to win because we want everybody to think we are the best! Swimming is the one sport I absolutely love to watch because watching the swimmers get pumped and get mentally ready to win is so intense that you can’t wait to watch who wins. I always look forward to the year that the Olympics comes on, it is one of the most exciting events and it also doesn’t come on every single year so the suspense kills you.
The first time watching the Olympics was when I was about seven years old. I was at my friend’s house and everybody was crowding around the T.V. to watch the suspense of Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte swim the 200 IM. The news casters were hyping everybody up and saying how it was going to be such a good race! Even though they were teammates, you knew that they wanted to beat each other. The one thing they had in common was their pride for their own country. Every Olympian has pride for their country and they want their team to be the best.
My most memorable time of watching the Olympics is when Michael Phelps beat the South African, Chad le Clos. That was race was absolutely amazing and breathtaking. You could feel your heart beat so fast and you could hear everybody cheering for the United States. Once we found out the United States won by less than a second, we were all amazed and happy. You knew Michael Phelps was so happy to finally reaching his goal to be the most decorated Olympian in the world and he did it by not even a second.