STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

The Olympic Spirit

Shelbs103
The Olympics are one of the most memorable events around the world. It is such a great honor having your country that you love, competing to be the best. I remember watching the swimming Olympics for the very first time, it was so amazing! Watching the Olympics in the year of 2012 was one of my favorite so far because while watching the close race of Michael Phelps and Chad le Clos, a South African, swimming the two-hundred fly was absolutely breath taking since it was such an accomplishment. The Olympics is a memorable event especially if you watch your favorite sport win, you take pride in your country and the accomplishments each Olympians make.
When you watch the Olympics, most of the time you watch your favorite sport or the sport that you think is most interesting. You always want your team, such as the United States, to win because we want everybody to think we are the best! Swimming is the one sport I absolutely love to watch because watching the swimmers get pumped and get mentally ready to win is so intense that you can’t wait to watch who wins. I always look forward to the year that the Olympics comes on, it is one of the most exciting events and it also doesn’t come on every single year so the suspense kills you.
The first time watching the Olympics was when I was about seven years old. I was at my friend’s house and everybody was crowding around the T.V. to watch the suspense of Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte swim the 200 IM. The news casters were hyping everybody up and saying how it was going to be such a good race! Even though they were teammates, you knew that they wanted to beat each other. The one thing they had in common was their pride for their own country. Every Olympian has pride for their country and they want their team to be the best.
My most memorable time of watching the Olympics is when Michael Phelps beat the South African, Chad le Clos. That was race was absolutely amazing and breathtaking. You could feel your heart beat so fast and you could hear everybody cheering for the United States. Once we found out the United States won by less than a second, we were all amazed and happy. You knew Michael Phelps was so happy to finally reaching his goal to be the most decorated Olympian in the world and he did it by not even a second.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy