The Olympic Spirit: Determination and Unity

SofiyaR
The gymnasium fills up as numerous parents, children and athletes arrive for our competition. I hear the announcer call my name as i feel sweat swiftly rolling down my face. Its my turn. I stop, stare at the beam balance and say to myself " I have worked hard, this is my time to show it"
I jump up on the balance and begin my routine. My vision fails me, as i start feeling dizzy and begin to see with a blur. " Oh my goodness, i cant see!" I thought to myself, as i fall. My score will not be what i wanted it to be.
In the middle of my routine, i see my teammates in our purple uniforms, running down the gym as they pick me up from the powdery floor. " What are you guys doing, you cant be out here", I whisper to my teammate as she holds me by the hand. "I'm doing what teammates do"
To me, the Olympic spirit is not getting into the mindset of " WIN WIN WIN", its about unity and sportsmanship. Even if it was for a brief moment that my teammates picked me up when i fell down, as a team, they picked me up on numerous occasions: physically, emotionally and mentally. When i saw them run down the gym in the middle of a competition just to help me, it made my heart smile, knowing that they cared for me that much. Evidently, we all had the dream of winning, however our dream was more than that. We wanted to stick together as a family, and that if the type of influence we wish to have - to inspire others that the olympic spirit is the feeling of unity, not who can win.