The Olympic Spirit: Raises The Divine

larciniaga23
Since the Romans first started the Olympics, it has been a competition that demands athletes to put their athleticism to the test. It has been one of the few events that makes the mind and body strong and hanker for the success. The spirit of any athlete when training for their one chance at infamy is the exhilarating adrenaline fierceness of inspiration.
The Olympics is not only a global competition but it is a clever idea that upholds the spirit of contention. All people, men and women alike, have the ability to become a champion, but it is if they are willing and motivated that shakes out the few competitors. As Ludwig van Beethoven said “Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.” When you put opportunity in front of someone it is their choice to grasp it and make something of their God given talents. Life is given to us to create something with it, let it be a legacy or legend. Countless hours are put into the lives of Olympian’s training because they believe that immortality in the eyes of the next generation is more valuable than a payday because they compete to be honored by a medal. Life has taken my chance to have that feeling because the Olympics does not allow for the sport of baseball to played anymore. I do not feel anger towards this because there have been alternate opportunities made. I see the Olympic spirit as the flint rock to the burning ember in an athlete. Every Olympian had an idle to look up to when they were small: this made them want to strive for ultimate abilities, which lead them to their achievements. The mind is a part of the body that tells your body what to do. It decides whether or not that one choice is decided to start a person on their journey to top of the podium. We watch these games with our family and some child hopes to become the next generation of superstar competitors so they can make one person proud enough that on that glorious day they look upon you with eyes full of tears. We try to think that if we are better than someone on the same region, state, or country we are the best; however, the people who know this is not true travel to a faraway land and search for the best from every corner of this round planet.
We all tend to admire or worship someone’s impeccable abilities. It is in our nature to look for a role model to follow. Olympians are a smart choice because if you think about it they know that good is not great and great is not divine. We think that we don’t have a fair chance at things, but they must look at the triumphant medal biters.