The Olympic Spirit: A Dream of Accomplishment

carrington_curphy
I can picture it now: the bang of the starting gun. The cheers of people as they watch the race. The loud breathing of myself and the other runners. I'm running in an Olympic race.

The white stripe called a finish line comes closer and closer. This person running next to me is now the person I must get behind me.

Do I succeed? I'm not sure. I finally find out when it is time to announce the winners. Guess what? She got ahead of me and won the gold.

I don't care though. I still won silver! I have done something that few people get to do, and I did great!

That right there is my dream. I would love to be able to compete in the Olympics. I, just like so many other runners, want to win a great race.

But the thing is, it takes years and years of training. I would have to bring my A+ game and nothing can happen to me. I can't lose focus. I can't give up.

Is all that work worth it? Is all that work possible?

Yes. Because it is my dream and I want it to come true.