My hero is My Mother

donya
My hero would be someone that is selfless, someone who devotes their time in helping others. My hero is the person that would give the last of whatever they have just to see someone else happy. A hero is supposed to be a role model, someone you aspire to be like, someone who has qualities you want to one day see yourself. My hero is my mother. My mother possesses all of the traits I want to have when I grow older. She is independent, unselfish, sacrificing, and determined.
I consider my mother to be one of my heroes because she is altruistic. I always say “whatever happens to me in life will me with great meaning”. I say that because giving to someone means everything in the world to me, especially if it’s your last. My mother is the Giver. She always makes everything perfect, everything is always under control; there is no way or fear of pain. My mother is my hero because she provides for me, even if it means giving me her last. For example, she lives in Belize; a place where everything is hard. It’s hard to find a job in Belize. It’s hard to finish school because you need money for school, and you can’t pay for school if you don’t have a job or if the government isn’t helping out its people. My mom lives in my grandmother’s house. She has been living there since my grandma moved to the States. Last year my grandmother moved back to belie for a year, she wanted to live in her house alone. My mom had to move out, she had to move out with my brother, she moved into a one bedroom apartment where rent was $800 a week. She had little education, what decent job hires someone with nothing more than a high school diploma?
My mother have been broken and torn down mentally and physically. She knows what its like to go through “hard times”, it’s her life story. A few weeks ago she sent me $30 U.S. She sent me money, money that she doesn’t know if she’ll need to pay rent for or to provide for my brother. She sent me money. Her $30 made me cry. Not because it wasn’t much to be sending overseas, because it wasn’t much, but because it was her last. My uncle that lives right here in Florida could have gave me $30 and it still wouldn’t have meant anything compared to my mother’s $30. The money she sent meant the world to me because I knew it was all she had and it came from the bottom of her heart with all the love in the world.
My mother is the best person I’ve ever known. Her strength is empowering and motivational. My hero never gives up and she keeps on trying. I aspire to be as strong and independent as my mother. I look up to because she looks out for the world.