Dear Nan-Nan: Can you still hear me?

MaryCaitlin23
Another year has passed and the acceptance of your absence seems to grow. In 2013 the world seemed to be crashing down whether it be tornadoes, bombings, explosions, or bereavement of loved ones. Praying for the best in 2014 is all I can do. It seems so crazy to image that in the next few months I will be graduating, moving out, attending college, and starting a life of my own where I will begin to write my own story. The “baby” of the family is fixing to spread her wings and fly. Safety is a main concern, but at times there is nothing you can do to protect me anymore. Fearing for the health of Granddad taunts me; never knowing when his time will come. Last year I made some wrong choices that I have learned greatly from; 2014 will now be a changing period. Bettering myself as a person for I know you are always watching over me. Believing the world will become a better place as the people in it also. Natural disasters can not be avoided, but maybe after experiencing the horrific tragedies which took place in 2013 we will have more knowledge and ways to prepare ourselves and families for the hits we will take. With the fertilizer plant explosion in West being so near to us and having friends and family caught in that tragic event, we, as a county, have grown into a connected community, almost a family, as we came together to help out our friends in need. Here’s to a new year with new opportunities. Pray for me as I take the leap of faith into the great, big world on my own.