My Hero is Gandhi

shaypatel
A hero is someone with commendable traits or qualities. Everyone have a hero in a one way or another. Some people may consider a hero to someone who is their favorite actor or musician.
To others, it could be someone closer to their heart, like a father or an uncle. Therefore, it means the word “Hero” could have a different meaning to different people. My hero is a very great man; a man that believed in non-violent resistance, Mahatma Gandhi. He led the resistance against the British in India and got freedom.

In early 1600s, nobody in India successfully fought back against the British when they took over and all the intention they brought along with them. This was all changed when a small man, born in the old city of Porbandar in 1869. He stood up and fought for India and later this man became known across the world as Gandhi or "Great Soul" of India. Gandhi also had many great qualities as a hero; there are three that are strongest of all: courage, sereneness, and will power.

Once, Gandhi got kicked off of a train by a white man because he was supposed to sit in third class and he was kicked out from the train. From that day he started his non-violent protests and he defeated the entire British company without using any kind of violence and he brought a better change and freedom for people in India. While Gandhi was alive, he risked his life hundreds of times and went to jail several times. The British people could have shot him dead with just one bullet but they knew that all of India would get out of control. Even in this situation instead of encouraging native born Indians to take up arms and force against the British colonists out of their country, Gandhi created a policy of non-violent protest. "Non-violence," he said, "it is a weapon for the brave."

In conclusion, hero has a different meaning to many people. My hero, Gandhi was a great man because he was capable of doing things using non-violent that people using violence are not even capable of doing. Gandhi is well-liked by many people in India for all the things he has done and all the trait he have had. Therefore, everyone should like to model their selves after all his qualities and you may also become someone’s hero one day as well.