My Hero is a Soldier

thedavidsexton
Getting a stain on a shirt, forgetting to do some homework, and doing daily chores; those are the least of the worries of a teenager’s day. Getting bombed, finding clean water, and making sure the children are safe; those are the least of the worries of a third world teenager’s day. Being an American is a privilege we get to enjoy every day and we owe it to the American soldiers fighting in terrorist-sponsoring countries so that we can savor a day of life in America. These warriors are my hero because they allow me to live without daily fear and are the bravest men I can think of. When it comes to protection, it is a soldier of America we rely on to get the job done.
Day after day, our society advances with new technology and more efficient ways of life. People are too busy in their days to appreciate what soldiers are doing for us in other countries. They are my heroes for standing up for me, for thinking about us, and for showing other countries justice. I do not fear like other kids might be doing right now in a third world country. Life expectancy in America is 77, while life expectancy in a third world country is around 40. This alone shows that we live longer because we live better. I do not have to freak out when I hear an airplane fly over me, and I owe it to the soldiers fighting for me for this.
Bravery is an aspect of a leader and a hero. When I think of the word “bravery” the first thing that comes to mind is a suited-up, ready to battle, American soldier. To have courage, is to have a strong mental strength, and we need to trust someone with courage for our security. Not just anyone would run into an unfamiliar region that is considered dangerous to be in, it takes a hero; an American soldier. Knowing that your life could end at anytime and be with okay with that, takes more mental strength than any other thing to a human being, and is why soldiers are a true definition of bravery.
For centuries, armies have been fighting for their countries and have been acknowledge for their actions (keeping the country safe, ending wars, protecting the innocent, etc.). They are the heroes of their country. A hero is one who leads, shows equality, and has no fear, and a soldier meets all qualifications of being one. America is what it is today because of our our troops and is why these valiant veterans are my heroes.