My Hero is my Mom

HaleyEtheridge
She’s dependable, caring, inspirational, and always puts others before herself; who is she? My mom of course! She has dedicated her life to helping others through teaching and helping whoever may need it, and her hardest job of all being an amazing mother of four. Throughout my seventeen years of living I’ve encountered a variety of people. From people who have nothing to those who have everything, my mother is by far the most incredible person I have ever met.
In this day and time the world is not what it once was; greed fills the souls of many, the desire for self success is blinding. We walk down the street everyday not opening our eyes to see the failure and anguish of others who wish for success but are not able to achieve it on their own. How many of us can honestly say we go out of our way at least once every day to help someone else? The sad reality of it is, very few. My mom is part of the minority who make it a part of everyday life to help others. She’s passionate about teaching profoundly mentally handicap children, a job which may be considered undesirable, yet she wouldn’t trade it for the world. She is also the first to offer a helping hand to anybody any time. She has given people a home, a shoulder to cry on, advice, all the help she can give, and most importantly given someone in need the feeling of knowing that there is someone out there who cares.
With all the curves and obstacles life throws at us, somehow my mom manages to keep herself together, do her job and still manage to be the best mother I know out there. Never have I seen anyone so dedicated to their children. My mother would sacrifice anything she had to, to ensure our happiness and success. She works two jobs, her full time teaching career and her part time job working fast food just so she can afford to have a roof over our heads, food in our mouths, and some of the luxuries we may desire even though they aren’t necessities. She sacrifices her time and energy to please us. There aren’t many people out there who are so giving, without asking for anything in return. In my opinion, she’s done a phenomenal job raising myself and my three other siblings.
“We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” My mother is the type of person who reveals the value of life, and if there was more people like her this world would be a better place. She lights up the world with her bright sparkling personality; she’s the type of person that gives this world hope.