STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is Joeseph G.

cgennette
A hero is not just some character with superpowers pulled out of a comic book, but a person that someone can look up to; a person that someone can inspire to be. People say we drive ourselves through life to be what we become, when the fact is that our hero gives us that extra kick, that extra hype to plow through any obstacle that may oppose us because we drive ourselves to be like them. My hero is Joseph Patsy G., my grandfather. Though a very self- preserved man he has a heart like no other, he sees to the health of my family over his own and gives help to those who struggle in life.

I can’t think of a time when my grandfather wasn’t there for his family. He was there for my Aunt Laura when she was sick visiting her and bringing her food every day, until the day he found her limp in her home. But the thing that touches me most is that he cares more about my family’s health than his own. In the last days on his brother’s life he slept on the floor next to his bedside, at the age of 70, just in case he needed something. My grandfather will always seek to the care of his family even until the day of his departure; he is truly a man a man to inspire to be.

Growing up in poverty, my grandfather faced many of struggles. He worked for Human Resources (HR) overseeing a few counties in West Virginia, which opened his eyes to the people who had almost nothing. I believe that because of the life he grew up in and his job that he helps those in need; he can relate to them and knows of the struggles that they face and that is why he helps. For instance, he rents out a house to a family that have about 8 kids. However after 4 years the family is known to be short on rent or pay no rent at all, but he refused to throw a family on the streets regardless because that's the humane thing to do. Only a man of heart could keep a family that doesn’t pay their rent, a man like my grandfather.

“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” Joseph Patsy G. is a man with a good heart; a man who cares for and seeks help to those in need. With the backbone of an ox and the heart of a lion, he truly is a man among men. If anyone were to grow to be one fourth of the man he is they would be well respected by many. Joseph Patsy G. is my grandfather; my hero.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy