My Hero is Joeseph G.

cgennette
A hero is not just some character with superpowers pulled out of a comic book, but a person that someone can look up to; a person that someone can inspire to be. People say we drive ourselves through life to be what we become, when the fact is that our hero gives us that extra kick, that extra hype to plow through any obstacle that may oppose us because we drive ourselves to be like them. My hero is Joseph Patsy G., my grandfather. Though a very self- preserved man he has a heart like no other, he sees to the health of my family over his own and gives help to those who struggle in life.

I can’t think of a time when my grandfather wasn’t there for his family. He was there for my Aunt Laura when she was sick visiting her and bringing her food every day, until the day he found her limp in her home. But the thing that touches me most is that he cares more about my family’s health than his own. In the last days on his brother’s life he slept on the floor next to his bedside, at the age of 70, just in case he needed something. My grandfather will always seek to the care of his family even until the day of his departure; he is truly a man a man to inspire to be.

Growing up in poverty, my grandfather faced many of struggles. He worked for Human Resources (HR) overseeing a few counties in West Virginia, which opened his eyes to the people who had almost nothing. I believe that because of the life he grew up in and his job that he helps those in need; he can relate to them and knows of the struggles that they face and that is why he helps. For instance, he rents out a house to a family that have about 8 kids. However after 4 years the family is known to be short on rent or pay no rent at all, but he refused to throw a family on the streets regardless because that's the humane thing to do. Only a man of heart could keep a family that doesn’t pay their rent, a man like my grandfather.

“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” Joseph Patsy G. is a man with a good heart; a man who cares for and seeks help to those in need. With the backbone of an ox and the heart of a lion, he truly is a man among men. If anyone were to grow to be one fourth of the man he is they would be well respected by many. Joseph Patsy G. is my grandfather; my hero.