My Hero Is Daniel W.

RWalsh

The first thing I can remember as a child is my older brothers voice. His name is Daniel Walsh, my older brother by three years. My brother has always been there for me through thick and thin, and he has taught me what my father could not. I grew up with no father, so in a way, my brother took that job and has helped me grow into the young man I am today. Many others have impacted my life greatly, but my brother has in a special way.
Growing up with a single mom can be very challenging for all members of the family. It all depends on the attitude and will of the members. I was lucky enough to grow up with my older sibling who matured at a very young age. Whenever my mother was out running errands, he was by my side watching over me. I remember when I was still in diapers, my brother fed, dressed, and played with me. My father was never around, allowing my older bother to take his spot and teach me lessons while aging. I still remember all the things he has told me over the years and apply them to my everyday situations. My older brother has come a long way, with me right by his side asking more questions than ever. He always has time to talk with me if I am in a bad situation and helps me find the best route out.
He may not think so, but he has shaped me into who I am today. I look up to him for answers and tips on life. Daniel Walsh is entering his junior year in college and I can already tell anyone that he is going places. He made it through high school in the top 20 in his class, showing how intelligent of a person he is. He always checks up on my school work and asks about college issues. Head strong and religious are two words that can accurately describe my older brother. He was there every Sunday, dragging me alongside him. One memory that stands out when I think of Daniel is when I had to attend my first communion. I did not know how to tie a bow, and my mother was no where around. My brother stepped up to me and explained in detail how to successfully tie a bow.
Daniel Walsh has impacted many people’s lives, but I would be proud to call him my Hero. He has helped me though many situations and taught me life lessons I will never forget. He was there for me when I had no father, no life knowledge, and no manners, and that is why Daniel Walsh is my Hero.