My Hero Is My Mother

Andrew Simon
Most people have tried to shape who they are by pursuing the traits of a person they adore. An idol that has made a vital impact in the person’s life or a family member whose lifestyle has constantly left an impression on the person. Applying to both aspects, my personal hero would be my mom. My mother has taught me the importance of having compassion and a hard work ethic in life. She’s kept me on track all my life and continues to support me in every way she can.
I was an only child for the first nine years of my life. My mom took amazing care of me and showed me compassion. She’d always take me on trips like the zoo or Disney World and get a little souvenir. I learned that doing little things to show you care makes a larger impact than most people think. I smile at people when I walk by and hold doors open all because of her. Things like this have completely altered my perspective of life. I’m known as a helpful and generous person and that I don’t mind going out of my way to be nice. My mom is always willing to help. Recently I’ve been taking college entry tests and filling out applications and she’s been right at my side the whole time.
For the past four years my mom has been a principal of an elementary school. She has an extremely tedious job that requires a tremendous work ethic. Although I’m much lazier than my mom she’s passed her diligence on to me. Throughout my life I’ve always procrastinated, but my mom’s the one who finds out I have homework and makes me get the job done. Once I begin a task I relentlessly push through it until it’s complete. My mom’s coworkers adore her determination almost as much as I do. Having a persistent work ethic brings you to plentiful levels of success and allows you to gain respect from everyone who comes in contact with you.
I’m so proud to have a mother that has had such a positive influence on my life. She is my hero and has set the basis for my methods of success and gaining respect. She has guided me in every right direction and has made sure I stay on that track. Giving my best at everything in life and keeping a smile on my face while I do it has gotten me farther than anything else in my life. All of this is due to my mother whom I idolize and adore.