My Hero is: Sabrina Cruz-Santana

AliciaGreer
Who’s’ my hero? As much as I adore Batman he’s not the hero in my life. I’m fortunate to have a hero who always listened to me, loves me, respects me and will do anything for me. That only person is my best friend of nine years and still counting, Sabrina Cruz-Santana. She’s taught me things I never knew, we’re like fraternal twins, and she helps me in my time of need, whether it be for comfort or school work.

Due to her being older than me, I didn’t know what she did. I was oblivious and innocent minded about many things. She taught methods of how to cook breakfast to learning Pluto isn’t a planet anymore. It may seem like pointless subjects, but she made me more intelligent by giving me some of hers. She made me understand why I shouldn’t eat sugar in the morning, why I should start on projects ahead of time, which foods to put away first after grocery shopping, and how to handle daily feminine issues. These things were the subjects I didn’t learn from my mother, but they’re very useful and remember everything she says.

Nobody is almost exactly like me than Sabrina. We met in daycare in 2001 and the first thing that got us close was the fact we both adore Sailor Moon, a Japanese cartoon series. It went from that to how much we love Japanese food, to us both loving Disney movies, to how close our opinions and morals are. We grew so tight nit in such a short time and anything she likes I like as well. It’s almost a rare thing if we disagree or dislike something the other likes. Our parents have even told us we’re like twins by how much in sync we are. The most complicated and random things I say, she’s the only one who can truly understand me. We understand each other so well I never recall a time we actually have fought.

It doesn’t matter what it is, Sabrina would come to my aid. When my favorite grandmother passed away she was there for me to get through that hard time. If I felt hurt by others or I hurt someone, she comforted me to let me know it’ll be okay and take my mind off of everything. She knows just what to do and says to make me smile again and get back on my feet at the perfect times.

Sabrina means beyond the universe to me. She saves my universe when it’s falling apart. Without her, I can’t even fathom that thought or how miserable I’d be without such a person like her in my life as not only my best friend, but my hero.