My Hero is My Mother

Froggyfrank92
My Hero
Panic. Sickening. Overall terror. These feelings settled in my heart like a bad cold as my mother spoke these life altering words, cancer. With tears glistening from her cheeks, she explained exactly what the malignant tumor was capable of. Thoughts of death and losing my best friend consumed my mind, depriving me of the sanity I once possessed. Like a new pathway, my life would soon become a mysterious journey, everyday praying and hoping that my mother would be victorious. With her dedication and motivation my mother showed me that good can arise from something terrible. With her words of encouragement, she became my hero.
Having been forced to play the role of mom destroyed me. The responsibility was nice, but the look on her pale face, killed me. I kept pursuing- the chance that she might make it kept me going. Her dedication allowed us both to become stronger. Every day she kept pushing. Returning to work even though she was beyond exhausted - in order to provide for her family. Her sickness rearranged my attitude. Before this tragic event I was always one to give up when the going got rough. Her devotion opened my eyes to see that anything could be possible with the faith and determination to get the task done. Although she struggled, her mind was made that she would tackle this monster with full force
With my family always on edge, the motivation my mother supplied gave us all strong hope. Cancer is normally seen as a stumbling block for a person, but with the positive gleam that shown from my mother my family and I knew that everything would be okay. I feel that to be strong, one must have someone who will stand behind them-a person to pick them up when they fall. My mother did just that. Her cancer scared me and I was fearful that I would lose the one person who meant the most to me. Her words kept my head held high, even on the toughest days. She never let her sickness get the best of her. My mother’s cancer gave me a new positive outlook on life. The manor that she motivated my family allowed me to realize that the only way I was going to get through life, was by the encouragement of others.
Christopher Reeve once stated, “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles,” My mother pulled through and defeated the demon in the dark. Her misfortune gave me the wakeup call I desperately longed for. Her dedication and motivation gave me the push I needed to always believe that failure is never an option and with a little devotion and motivation anything is possible. She is my mother, my best friend and my rock, but most importantly, she is my every day hero.