My Hero is Finn the Human

kierstin
Everyone has someone which they look up to, someone they can admire, someone they can call a hero. Sometimes that hero is a close friend or family to a person. Sometimes a hero is someone you don’t personally know at all, but know of. Sometimes a hero cannot be a physical entity at all. However one thing they all have in common is the status of hero. My hero is Finn the Human, a silly kid with an awesome hat, from the series Adventure Time. Together with his best friend Jake, he fights evil, saves princesses and has awesome adventures.
Finn is my hero because he always tries to do the right thing, no matter what. His word means more than a scouts honor for when he says something, he always does it regardless of the perilous journey he may encounter to fulfill it. He’s fought ogres, a magical ice king, why-wolves, zombie candy people, thieves, trolls, monsters and even vampires just to save the innocent. In the magical land of Ooo in which he lives, he tries to fulfill the wishes of everyone in the most righteous way. Even though he can sometimes make mistakes, as he is only a 12 year old boy, he always fixes them. On top of that, he and his best friend Jake try to save everyone from harm from old women to candy princesses.
Finn is also just a “simple dude”, which makes him even more heroic. He is a person, just like you and me, and doesn’t try to escape reality. In fact, according to Finn himself, he is a “kick butt reality master”. Unlike other superheroes, he doesn’t have to hide behind a mask. Unlike many celebrities, he doesn’t hide behind fame or money. Unlike the heroes of the home such as mother or fathers, he doesn’t have to be related to you. He is a universal adventurer that nearly anyone has the capacity to relate to and admire. He simply is himself, which is something that everyone should strive to do. He proves that being yourself is just as heroic as being a superhero.
Finn is one of the most heroic animations there was, is and will be. He is righteous in every way; fighting villains, saving the innocent and fulfilling his fellow Ooo inhabitants needs. At the same time he is a worldly boy, who remains quite down to earth even though he is a top notch adventure. He remains a real person, never giving into the temptations our world and his world exalt. This is what a hero should be, thus Finn the human is mine.