My Hero is Teachers

KiaraMartin93
My Hero is Teachers

Superman, Spiderman, Wonder women, Hawkgirl. The of superheroes goes on and on. As kids, many of us looked up to fictional characters who had out of this world powers like x-ray vision and the power to turn invisible. But as we grow older, we realize that the real heroes aren’t those in comic books or on TV, but instead those we see every day. I don’t just have one hero, I have a million, My hero is all the teachers around this country.

Teaching is one of the most undermined professions in this country. Many people view teachers as babysitters but being a teacher isn’t that simple. Teachers provide the key to success which is education. A person doesn’t need super strength or laser vision to be a hero. A hero is anyone who changes a person’s life for the better and teachers do just that.

A teacher’s sole purpose isn’t just to teach, but also to inspire. Of course, there have been times when we’ve had teachers who didn’t exactly care or take their job seriously, but we’ve also come across teachers who change our lives for the better. They don’t only teach us how to add and subtract or balance a chemical equation, but they also teach us that our dreams aren’t as far as the y seem. They help us to reach our full potential and push us to always do our best. My grandmother, who was a teacher for 36 years, always encourages me to do my best and to never give up no matter what challenge I may face. If she encourages me this much, I can only imagine tremendously positive effect she had on her many students through her teaching career.

One of my dreams is to change at least one person’s life while I’m living. To accomplish this dream, I plan to become who my hero is, a teacher. Just like the many teachers I had helped to mold who I am, I want to help mold someone else.