My Hero is William Bell

K2
Do heroes truly exist in this world? I believe they do. Not in full body spandex and a cape but knowledge and a passion for helping. Coach Bell embodies both of heroic qualities.
Teachers, although vastly underpaid, are the backbone of the future. Imparting knowledge so that Winston Churchill's quote," Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." remains constant to this day. Teaching me world history, day after day Coach Bell never lost sight of what was truly important. The impressive array of information from mythology and culture of whatever we were learning that day inspired me to be what I am today. I have decided to aspire to become an anthropologist based my time spent in his class. Learning all I can about cultures all over the world is now my passion.
Coach Bell's passion burns through his eyes like the sun after a summer rainstorm. No matter what the class was, discussing on any particular day Coach Bell was knowledgeable, understanding, and very capable of explaining the subject matter. He would stand up in front of class and talk for the whole period about the society and mental status of the public. I would be transported everyday back to a simpler time when the sun would turn off if you did not worship god correctly. Every child has a class they like more than others but I loved his class so much that I finished the whole years work a month ahead of time to participate in classroom discussions more actively.
Inspiring me to learn more than anyone in the world, Coach Bell has been a support beam for me for two years. I can always come to him when I need help or just someone to chat with. If Coach Bell had not become a teacher, I do not know what I would be doing with my life.