My hero is President Barack Obama

keneezy
What is the measure of a hero’s worth? Its not the fans or the fame but the dare to HOPE and courage to CHANGE. President Barack Obama, through dedication and heart, made history by becoming the first colored president of the United States. In his road to triumph, Obama battled racial challenges as well as economic pressure. However, Obama stayed strong and fought until he won.

President Obama, in his race for presidency, battled a concept tougher than his competitors. While campaigning across the country, certain individuals were trying to have Obama eliminated as a candidate due to his racial background. However there was no durable argument against this accusation of him not being American due to the fact that he was a noncontiguous American citizen; born in Hawaii. Despite certain efforts to keep the white house, “white”, President Obama ignored these setbacks and came through for his vast supporters.

With racial allegations on his back, Obama had to convince the people of America that he had a plan to revive the suppressed economy. One of many issues of the economy was healthcare; Obama passionately and confidently spoke to his many followers as he conveyed his plan to provide and expand healthcare to all Americans. With his strong voice and compelling argument, Obama won the support of many people across the country and even the globe.

Even with the challenges of racial allegations and economic pressure that Obama faced, he was able to win the hearts of millions and the presidency of the United States. President Obama showed me that and anything can be achieved despite what others say. Just like the night sky, the possibilities are infinite with a little dedication and heart.