My Hero is my Mom

veemooney
Most people believe that heroes are defined by someone who saves lives and does many brave deeds. However, a hero can be as simple as one of your teachers or your best friend. There is one person that I can always look up to no matter what. She has been there for me since day one and she has shown me how to get through life. I like to call her mom.
I have always been a momma’s girl ever since I was little. I hated being anywhere without my mom because she gave me tons comfort. Whenever I feel like I am at my lowest point, she is right there to help me get right back up. She always asks, “What can I do for you to make things better?” because she wants to make sure that I am going down the right path. She has especially been very helpful with what I am going through right now. Lately I have been upset about a recent breakup with a boyfriend and she has been there to talk to me and give me advice and even buy me books that help me cope with the breakup.
I have seen my mom go through many stressful events in her life but she is always able to make it through with her head held high. My parents got divorced when my brother and I were at a very young age. She really didn’t have a whole lot of money to support my brother and I so she thought it would be for the best if we moved in with our grandparents and that she would go to law school to become a lawyer. She made herself very successful and independent and it makes me want to be just like her when I am older. She is very hard working with her job even today and I am proud to say that my mom is a lawyer.
I am very grateful to have my mom in my life. In many ways she has been my hero throughout this journey of life. I honestly could not say what I would do without her being there for me and setting examples for me of how to live.