STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero Is Albert Torres

Mrojsd18
“Inspiration is something that is actually unseen, it is something that is formed from somewhere inside our self.” Albert Torres spoke these words. Those who knew him saw him as their very special hero. A gift created by God, to save them. His strength, as well as his devotion to those he cared for, is what they admired most. He was more then just my hero, he was like my father.

A hero is more then just a being that has super human strength, or can fly in the sky faster then the speed of light. They are someone who finds the strength to get up each day, and be ready to stand against anything that is determined to tare them down. Albert was that hero. He managed to bring together a large group of individuals who had or who were close to checking out on life. Albert had the strength of ten men, without it he would never have managed to care for all of us as he did. Albert had grown up into a rough life, and a very complicated family. At a young age, he was dragged into what he called the darker part of life. He felt as if no one was on his side. But at the age of sixteen, he came very close to killing someone he loved very much. It showed him just how far his life had fallen out of his control and into the dangerous grasp of the rest of the world. Four long, unbearable years had past before he managed to get back on his feet. He began to hang with a new crowd, and began taking in those who were never given a chance to be all that they could be in life. He gave them a home, and all that they needed. Many would say his strength gave them reason to live.

He found me, when I was no more then five years old. I was crying in the arms of one of my next door neighbors. She was his grandmother, and took care of me when my mother was at work. For a while I had not known of his presence until I looked up to see him stand over me. Just one look into his dark brown eyes told me he was someone special. Someone, if given the chance, could save the world. After that day, he devoted his life to teaching me all that I would have to face in the world. And what I would have to do when life would feel absolutely unbearable. No matter how old a person may be, he knew he could teach them all about the greater things that life had to offer.

Albert walked this earth, being blessed with the powers of a hundred heroes. The gifts he gave those he loved could never be replaced by all the money in the world. Even now that he is gone, he still is able to influence the world.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy