My Hero is my Kid Brother

bspruiell

Being a kid, you'd expect me to expect me to idolize and worship people such as Usher, Michael Jordan, and even my own dad. But seeing that I've never met Usher or MJ, and I never really got to hang with my dad due to navy purposes, I couldn't properly look up to them. But out of all of the celebrities, athletes and positive role models, none of them come close to my little brother Darius. Although it may be difficult to do in 500 words, I'll explain how my kid brother has slowly grown to become my hero by helping me to become a better person, and having my back.
When my brother was born, I took an immediate liking to him. Instead of having a rivalrous relationship with him, I cared for him. When he first started showing signs of wanting to hang out with my friends and I, I knew I had to become positive. That's one of the ways he's become my hero. He's kept me pushing forward to do good and to keep a good image. Since he looks up to me, I know I have to be a positive role model to show him the right path to follow.
There was a time when I had ate all of the freshly made peach cobbler my mom had made. Knowing I'd get in trouble, I hurriedly came up with a quickly put together excuse. My brother having my back, told my mom that he had ate it all. This is another reason my brother's become my hero. We've always had each other's backs and been there for each other. He knows that since he's younger and cuter, he's less likely to get in trouble. So he uses this to his advantage.
I would literally die for my little brother. He's always been there for me and vice versa. And although he's the smaller one between us two, I'm definitely the one who's looking up to him.