My hero is my mom

smileitschevyy
Hero, a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. A boy doesn't have to go to war to be a hero; he can say he doesn't like pie when he sees there isn't enough to go around.
Edgar Watson Howe.
A true hero isn’t someone who is the strongest, or the most charming, the one that fights the battles for every one at a moment of weakness. But simply the one who shows courage at a time of vulnerability. This hero is my mom, why is this you may ask, she has stage 3 lung cancer. My mom has smoked sense the age of 16 and has developed a serious case of lung cancer. It started when her neck got swollen and her appetite stopped and the blood starts to get coughed up, we knew she was in trouble. If she had the choice she wouldn’t have went to the doctor. At that time I thought my mother’s life was running out.

After finding out, I thought that everything was going to be different. Great my mom’s sick no more helping with my hair or mother daughter shopping figure it’s time for me to step up and help I thought wrong. The cancer it doesn’t stop her, she builds up the courage to put her sickness in the back of her head and remain the best mother I could ever ask for. Still attending my cheer competitions, watching the foot ball games, and even shops too.

My mother still provides the care and she cooks, cleans, and takes care of me my dad and brother while suffering still. She always lives by these lyrics, hold you head high never let it defy the light in your eyes love yourself give them hell you can take on this world if you stand and be strong and fight like a girl. Sometimes it’s really easy and I forget all about what I’m facing in reality, other times its extremely hard. Watching how week she’s getting, watching her struggle to carry a bag of potato’s. Watching my own mother, who’s suppose to always be okay wake up in the middle of the night straining for air.

Watching my mother slowly die isn’t anything I would ever wish upon someone, even though she sick she never lets anyone know. To watch her live her life out happy is all I want for her she is my hero because she’s fighting a gruesome battle with death its self. I know that she’ll never give up no matter what comes her way she always has and will remain strong. A hero isn’t someone who is charming or the ones you see in the movies. A hero is someone who simply has strength to overcome all.