My Hero is The United States Marine Corps

ultracon

The definition of a hero varies among individuals and among different cultures, but if someone were to pick out the main characteristics of a hero and match them with a person this person would be an infantry soldier in the United States Marine Corps
The infantry divisions of the United States Marine Corps represent almost all of the characteristics of being a hero. One of the requirements of being a Marine is also a characteristic of a hero…courage. Without a plethora of die hard courage a Marine would not be able to carry out their main duty, which is to save lives and defend their country no matter how deadly the instance. This infinite amount of courage is one of the most important reasons that a marine is a hero in all hearts.
Another unique ability that any true marine would undoubtedly hold sacred is the brave and truly amazing feat of going against what everyone else says to help a person in need. In any comic book hero is the common need to help someone that cannot help themselves even if all of the heroes reputation is on the line. All Marines are trained to put their lives on the line to help someone else. There have been countless situations where a Marines main authority figure has told them to stop and abandon their objective or leave someone behind, but almost every time the marine will go against what he or she has been told threatening their lives to save someones life. This act of heroism is what sets a Marine apart from an ordinary citizen.
These people work every day without someone coming up behind them and patting them on the back. A marine is courageous and puts his or her life on the line daily for the sole purpose of saving someone that they most likely have never met and may never see again and for these reasons among many others is why a United States Marine is the finest example of a hero.