STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is Beau Knotts

Knottsville
My Hero is Beau Knotts

“Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!” This is the tagline for one of the greatest superheroes of all time, Superman. But honestly, when it comes to real life, we have heroes in our lives that do things that comic book characters can’t. Spiderman didn’t teach me to read, The Hulk didn’t teach me how to ride a bike, and The Flash didn’t influence me to play sports. My dad did those things, and that’s why, for me, my dad is my hero.
My dad’s name is Beau Knotts. He was born in Delaware and served in the United States Navy for 12 years. He made a promise to himself that he would be there for me and my sister always, which is part of the reason he left the military. He’s been there for me every time I’ve needed his help. His parents got divorced when he was young, so he and my mom made a promise to never put me and my sister through that sort of situation. That kind of bravery is what sets my dad apart from other dads in my mind. He’s selfless in everything he does, always thinking about others.
My dad has always said that I have the potential to do very well in life; I just have to have the will to do it. That I do well in school has always been one of his main focuses while I’ve been growing up. But it is not the fact that he’s pushed me in my academics, but it’s how he has pushed me that has made him stand out. He’s never been extremely pushy, never forcing me to do my work. He’s only ever told me what he expects of me and telling me to do my best and not make the same mistakes he made in school. This makes him my hero, the way he lets me make my own decisions yet still be there for me whenever I fall.
Another part of my dad that makes him my hero is the amount of things he’s taught me throughout my life, from how to ride a bike, to how to properly throw a football. Every dad teaches their son something, and my dad is no different. From lessons that I will use every day to lessons for the future, my dad has taught me pretty much everything he knows, from experiences from his past. These lessons have completely shaped how I see life, from parties on weekends; to the drug and alcohol debate that plaques teenagers.
To finish up, my dad is my hero, because he has influenced my life so profoundly that he has made me the person that I am today, and I am very grateful for that.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy