My Hero is Beau Knotts

Knottsville
My Hero is Beau Knotts

“Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!” This is the tagline for one of the greatest superheroes of all time, Superman. But honestly, when it comes to real life, we have heroes in our lives that do things that comic book characters can’t. Spiderman didn’t teach me to read, The Hulk didn’t teach me how to ride a bike, and The Flash didn’t influence me to play sports. My dad did those things, and that’s why, for me, my dad is my hero.
My dad’s name is Beau Knotts. He was born in Delaware and served in the United States Navy for 12 years. He made a promise to himself that he would be there for me and my sister always, which is part of the reason he left the military. He’s been there for me every time I’ve needed his help. His parents got divorced when he was young, so he and my mom made a promise to never put me and my sister through that sort of situation. That kind of bravery is what sets my dad apart from other dads in my mind. He’s selfless in everything he does, always thinking about others.
My dad has always said that I have the potential to do very well in life; I just have to have the will to do it. That I do well in school has always been one of his main focuses while I’ve been growing up. But it is not the fact that he’s pushed me in my academics, but it’s how he has pushed me that has made him stand out. He’s never been extremely pushy, never forcing me to do my work. He’s only ever told me what he expects of me and telling me to do my best and not make the same mistakes he made in school. This makes him my hero, the way he lets me make my own decisions yet still be there for me whenever I fall.
Another part of my dad that makes him my hero is the amount of things he’s taught me throughout my life, from how to ride a bike, to how to properly throw a football. Every dad teaches their son something, and my dad is no different. From lessons that I will use every day to lessons for the future, my dad has taught me pretty much everything he knows, from experiences from his past. These lessons have completely shaped how I see life, from parties on weekends; to the drug and alcohol debate that plaques teenagers.
To finish up, my dad is my hero, because he has influenced my life so profoundly that he has made me the person that I am today, and I am very grateful for that.