STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Hero is My Mother

smoot10
On April 19, 1993, I just knew I was blessed coming into this world with my mother. Ever since I first opened my eyes, my mother has been my foundation in this world. From a shoulder to lean on or a hand to hold, she was there. My mother is much more than a guardian to me, she is my hero. A hero I call my own. She is a hero that encourages me to be more successful than her and is always taking the time to put me before herself.
Growing up in a single parent home was always difficult. Since my mother and my father divorced when I was young, I did not have equal opportunities as every other child to spend time with my father. My mother took the responsibility of supporting me and my brother every way possible. My brother and I looked at my mother as both parents because she was strong enough to play the role. Barely spending quality time with me and my brother, my mother took two jobs just to support our family. There was never a time where my mother would put herself before us. I always admired that quality in my mother. The divorce did not give her an excuse to neglect us, but a motivation to give my brother and me everything we deserved plus more.
Thus, she constantly encouraged me to further my education. My mother does not want my brother and me to go through the same hardships as she went through numerous times. My mother knew growing up she was not given the same opportunities as I am today. My mother reminds me that she foresees a future in me and will not let me give up on my education. I am always reminded by the words, “I want you to do better than your father and I did.” This very quote has been my motivation for years as I strive towards my high school diploma. Thanks to my mother’s support, I will begin the first generation to graduate from college and I will not stop there. I want to not only make myself proud, but my mother proud as well. I believe she deserves to see me walk across the stage as she could not do it herself.
My mother is an angel. Sometimes, I wonder how I could be so lucky to be blessed with a mother like her. Every step of the way, I know that I have the guidance of my mother right beside me. My mother deserves much more than she is given on a regular basis, if I could, I would give her the world. I love her dearly. If I did not have my mother as a hero, I do not know where I would be. She is very special and I cherish her dearly. “I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.” -Terri Guillemets
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy