my hero is my Father

Nathaniel
Every person has someone that they can always count on and for me it is my father. No one else in my family seems to care as much about what I do in my life or encourages me to be the best of my ability. He always has answers for my questions and he always knows what to do in a situation when I do not. He is there for me when ever I need him and is setting a great example of how to be a man, a husband, and a father.
There have been plenty times when I am running at a cross country meet and I start to feel tired, but when I look up and see my dad and he is cheering me on makes me run faster. The encouragement from my father helps me to push myself so I can get a better time. His encouragement helps me in every aspect of my life. He also encourages me in my education; pushing me to do better in school and make good grades. Even when I do not think I can do something, he believes I can and his encouragement is my drive for success.
Sometimes I get frustrated because I do not believe in myself and I do not know how to meet his expectations, but even when he is not able to help me with a problem, he always has an answer for how I can help myself. Often many of questions are now beginning to arise in my life at this time. College, getting a job, sports, etc. and when I do not know what to do, I go to my father and he always points me in the right direction. At times what his advice does not seem to be the right decision, but he has never been wrong before and he will not be wrong now. My father is someone I can respect, depend on, look up to, and trust to make the best decisions for me.
Somehow my father has managed to raise five children and he makes it appear easy. He is a very responsible and trustworthy man. I have never heard him try to blame another for his actions and he when he says he is going to do something, he does it. These are the qualities of a true man; my father possesses all of them and I wish to grow up and be like him.