My Hero is my Brother

gsantos1992
Inspiration lives within all of us and it is one’s responsibility to decide what is the source of that inspiration. Heroes vary greatly in relation to a person’s aspirations and dreams. Someone that tends to be very mischievous may idolize some famous fugitive while someone that is very school oriented and well-mannered may look up to a famous scholar. Anything can be a factor. The way I view the world, my brother embodies all of the attributes to be characterized as my “hero”. He conveys these attributes through his inspiring actions and his encouraging words.

My brother has influenced my actions in quite a few ways. Not so much with words, but his actions are what have inspired me to be successful in life. This shone on me the most when he began searching for universities to attend. He seemed very dedicated towards a good education so he could do well in life. He wound getting accepted to a very prestigious school, the University of Florida. His will to never discontinue his efforts encouraged me to focus more on my schoolwork so I can get accepted to a well-renowned university like my brother.

Although perfection is not one of the many traits my brother possesses, he makes it clear with his words what “doing the right thing” means. There was a time in his high school career when he became very lethargic and quite a procrastinator. Knowing that I look up to him and his decisions, he sat me down and clarified to me even though his actions lately have not been as satisfactory as they could be, that does not mean I should follow in those footsteps. Therefore, I had confidence in his words of wisdom to achieve the goals I set for my high school career.

Idolization is a very important aspect of life. Even though self-dedication is a very impressive and independent way of living, idolizing an important figure in your life can be a very proactive method of reaching your goals. Having my brother as a heroic figure in my life has kept me focused on achieving my life’s aspirations with regard to his life achievements. In doing so, I have excelled beyond my goals simply from the encouragement of my hero. A hero, in many ways can very much be the savior of somebody’s life, whether it is physically or mentally.