Stuff: WANT, WANT, WANT

MaryCaitlin23
One of the biggest faults of America today is being wasteful. Passing lonely men on the street, never making eye contact; hoping they won’t try to communicate with you. As you strut by caring your Coach clutch with your inconsiderate thoughts of how that man should have went to college and done something with his life; when in reality you have no idea what his life has consisted of.
We tend to judge others who are less fortunate than us. We deprive ourselves of our happiness and freedom by dragging ourselves and our families into debt while we “better” ourselves for society. New products are constantly being invented and we make it our priority to possess these items. In the 19 hundreds you would hear children complaining about not having the right color crayon; today, you hear children complaining about the model of their iPhone. Society is changing and we are teaching our children, our future, the same nasty habits we have.
Giving is a trait everyone has, but few choose to actually use. Instead of donating our unused and unwanted items, we send them to the landfill to never be seen of again. By doing this we are giving the landfill permission to incinerate our unwanted belongings which will release extremely harmful toxins into the air. These toxins have been known to kill.
Rather than using our money to help better other people; we are looked at selfishly as we spend every last dime on ourselves. We might not need the new iPad because we already have one, but we will be purchasing it as soon as it debuts.
Parents are constantly worrying about paying bills and children are even caught wondering where their next meal will come from. As Americans we need to come together in trying to make this country a better place, not only for ourselves, but for our futures. Too many items are being possessed by one person while not enough necessities are available for others.