My Hero is Carlyce Cononie

scoobyray23
Everyone has someone that they can look towards and go to when life gets hard and can learn from. A person that has been there for me for the last four years is Carlyce Cononie and she is my hero because she helps me find my inner strength and pushes me to do better in life and get to where I deserve to be. She is a strong willed person and will fight for all that she believes in.
Carlyce Cononie is the best example of a hero in my life because she coaches me in sports and makes me a better athlete. Such as my freshman year I had barely played varsity softball games and it came down a very important conference game against Orange Park High. One of the senior players were about to go up to bat and at the last moment she substitutes me in for her to hit with two outs and bases loaded. I go up to the plate and she tells me just to relax and keep my eye on the ball. I had battled with a three ball and two strike count and I kept fouling off and then after a few fouls I struck out. It was a big confidence blow but Coach Cononie came up to me and told me that I did fine and that she had put me in a very tough position for a freshman with little varsity experience. She reassured me that more practice I can do anything and everything I want to. That following season I hit three homeruns and one was off our three biggest rivals, Mandarin High, Fletcher High, and Paxon High. She taught me that you don’t always have the confidence that everyone else does you need to find it and develop on it.
Coach Cononie also pushes us to do better and achieve our fullest potential so we can feel better about ourselves and understand why certain things happen in life. She is very knowledgeable in what she does and she enjoys spreading her knowledge to anyone who will listen. When I used to play volleyball it would feel as if she was always singling me out but at the end of the day I have realized that “You must be doing something for the coach to notice you whether good or bad, it’s when the coach doesn’t acknowledge you that you should be worried.” She tried to get me to become a better volleyball player but I just couldn’t get my body to do what she wanted. She did her best and I tried to get it to work but I had hit that brick wall and my body couldn’t overcome it.
Coach Cononie does her best to help just sometimes nothing can be done. I am grateful for the knowledge she has given me, I won’t forget anything she has taught me. She has made an impact in my life I don’t know where I would be without her.