I am scared of Life.

Samantha.McGraw
When you hear the question “What are you scared of?” most people think of the stereotypical fears such as spiders, snakes, and ghosts. But, if you really take the time to think about this question, you can find that there are much deeper, philosophical, and thought-filled answers. I’ve taken the time to really think this question through, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m scared of Life. By that I don’t mean living things scare me, it means I am scared of what it does to people.
Throughout your life you are faced with a multitude of difficulties, including the general things such as bills, school, social lives, and any responsibilities that may seem impossible, but underneath that surface of generality there are the difficulties you have that you hide from people, and sometimes, even try to hide from yourself. These are caused by Life, the people in it, and the situations Life puts you in, and once you are finally used to them, Life then proceeds to spit you out of. Life is cruel that way.
The underlying issues that no one wants to face are the ones that plague many people of my age. These are the depression, the angst, the teasing, the bullying, and above all, the occasional, or even perpetual, self-hatred. These feelings that cause the coldness of your soul and the eventual hardening of your heart to stone, these emotions that turn even the sweetest child in the most bitter of people, these torments that litter your skin and your heart with scars cut deep are why I fear life, because with the beautiful lie that life is, it is always pushing you slowly, most times without your knowing, to your inevitable death.
That’s another thing, most people fear death, they fear what might happen after death. I understand why there‘s that fear, and yes it’s a scary thing, because while life may be a beautiful lie, death is a horrible truth. The truth scares people, and the lies comfort, but there comes a time when the lies aren’t comforting anymore. In fact they can even make it worse. This is because of the simple fact that once you know the truth, you know the lies are just that, only lies. You try to tell yourself that the lies are true, that they are right and comforting, but in that you just end up lying to yourself, driving your thoughts deeper and deeper into the abyss that is now your heart. They make the truth even more evident to the point where the only option is to accept the truth and attempt to eventually move on.
So yes, I fear life, but in total reality, we all do. You may not know it, and you may not want to accept it if you do realize that fact, but deep down all of us know that life contains all of the things that truly make us hurt and scared. That’s why I’m afraid of life.
Comment by Marii24

my thinking is similar.
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2013 3:58:24 AM