Who Is Your Hero?

gshomer
Grace Shomer
Period 3

My Hero is…
As you go through life you will continuously face a number of difficult things. However, you will soon realize that through most of your difficulties in life, you will always have a certain person to fall back on. This person you probably consider your hero. Whether you have one or not, most people do have a certain person in their life that has always been there for them. Some people may have a hero whom they have never even met before, such as a celebrity or a person fighting for a cause. Whatever the case, you will find yourself a very admirable person who inspires you every day.
My biggest hero is my mother. Not only is she the reason why I am here but she is also the reason why I’m inspired to do so well in life. Just in my 17 years alone she has helped me every step of the way. From walking me to class on my first day of kindergarten and most days after that, too to helping me shop for a prom dress late into the night so that I could have something special and unique. They say being a parent is the hardest job in the world, and though I haven’t personally experienced what that is like yet, I know that when my time comes to have my own children I know I will have my mom there to guide me.
My entire life one thing I have always admired is a hard worker. So needless to say someone who has raised two children, put herself through college, built a great career all while driving us to soccer games, buying all our fund-raiser junk, putting food on the table and getting us the latest clothes because we had to have them is someone who works extremely hard. Yet still every day she has a smile on her face – most every day. The biggest thing that I admire about my mother is that a lot of her characteristics have rubbed off on me. Such as the hard work I put into my schoolwork. I would have never had the enthusiasm or understanding to do that had I not had my mom behind me to help me out. I consider this admirable because my mom could simply not be concerned with what I do in school or with the rest of my life, but I know she does. She could let me goof off and never really learn anything out of life, but she wants me to push toward higher goals and now I'm pushing towards my own higher standard
To me I believe that there is no such thing as a non-hard working mother. My mother of course has proven different from all the rest. Always waiting for me when I come home. All of the late nights spent studying. But the most important lesson I have learned from my mom is to love who you are. Because who you are is all you can be, and no matter what my mom will always be there to love me.