I am scared of cancer

Arbi Khodaverdian
I am scared of cancer. Cancer is a disease caused by uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a certain part of the body. I fear cancer because it is deadly and can take away lives. Many people have lost their lives because of this disease so to me, this is just a very scary and sad thing.
Even though cancer scares me, I think that people should fight against it without having any fear. Many people have won their battles against cancer by surviving, which is one reason why being scared of cancer can be an issue. In order to survive cancer, one has to be strong and not fear this disease. Every time someone dies because of cancer, I just think to myself, “What if the same thing happened to me or to my loved ones.” These thoughts in my head cause me to fear and be scared of cancer.
Being scared of something your whole life can cause problems. I fear cancer, but I know that this is a wrong thing. I believe that fear is the killer not cancer; this means that instead of being scared, one should be strong, ready to battle against this disease, face it not run from it, and believe that surviving cancer is something possible.
Being scared of something is normal. Every individual is at least scared of one certain thing because of certain reasons. The reason why I fear cancer is because it has to do with one’s health and life. Being healthy and living a happy life is something very important that every individual needs. Cancer can take these important things away from someone, which is why it is something scary for many people. I believe that being scared of cancer is a serious thing because once someone is in that situation, they start to realize how serious this disease can be and how it can cause fear. I have always feared cancer and I know that one day I have to overcome this fear by facing it.