My Hero is Jennie Pina

jo1993
“My Hero is My Grandmother, Jennie Pina”
The definition of a hero is different for everyone for me; it is someone with the strength to carry on through the hard times. Additionally, someone who can inspire human beings to achieve what they desire. For me my grandmother has done those exact things.
My grandmother had the strength and still does everyday to accomplish her goals. Not only did she achieve her nursing degree but she raised three children by herself for a period of time. When her mother was very ill she was the one who took care of her. Towards the end of my grandfather’s life she was the one taking care of him. Those times were very difficult for her but she managed and always had a smile on her face. I try and do the equivalent.
My hero has over come obstacles in her life that inspire me. My grandmother became a nurse in the 1950’s during a time where there was much racism against African Americans and women. This gives me the inspiration that honestly I can do anything that I want to accomplish with a little hard work.
My grandmother, Jennie Pina, not only inspires me to be who I am and what I want to be but also gives me the strength and will power to make it through the hard times. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” Christopher Reeve