I am scared of Bloody Mary.

emily.severinson
I am scared of Bloody Mary. No, I am not talking about the cocktail or the infamous 16th century English queen. I am actually talking about the murderous woman who comes out of mirrors either to scratch you or stab you to death. Ever since the story was told to me when I was ten years old, it has been stuck in the back of my mind, tormenting me.
First of all, I don't mean to imply that I'm absolutely horrified to look into a mirror because that would be a downright lie. It's just that when get up in the middle of the night and happen to look into a mirror a have a bit of a heart attack. This is why I tend to avoid looking into a mirror when the lights are off, in fear that she could be standing behind me. And yes, I know you technically have to chant in dark room in front a mirror to summon her. However, the mere thought of it sends chills down my spine.
Don't get me wrong, I haven't had a nightmare relating to this in years. Simple thing such as wandering around the house at night and then glancing in a mirror spook me. My heart starts starts to pound and I have to remind myself the horrific children's stories rarely prove to be true.
It is a bit embarrassing that I am still terrified of something as simple as this, but I guess that everyone has their own quirky little fear. That's proof that we're human. Bloody Mary just happens to be mine and I have my overactive imagination to blame for that. So maybe, I'm not completely off my rocker, at least not yet.
Comment by Ejmin

Well I'm scared of her too. Im exactly like you. I turn all the lights LOL it sounds stupid when I say it, but I'm all ways scared of her.
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:41:37 AM