I am scared of perception.

kiersten1997
I have gone to school for many years now, but something unsettling about the whole experience has not changed. I have always been afraid of how others perceive me as a person. Do people think I have a lovable personality, or do they view me as a nuisance? The only way I could truly find out was to get to know the people I surrounded myself with. In middle school, I confined myself to my closest group of friends. I soon found out however, that these people were not perceived throughout the school as kind hearted people. In reality, we were all referenced as the snotty popular girls. That is when my fear started. It never was matter of who thinks I am cool, but if people look at me as a gracious human being. At that point in my life, I do not believe anyone thought I was kind hearted. I was unquestionably far from my original morals in life. Therefore, I set out to change how people perceived me. I wanted to be an individual, something that is hard to find in schools these days. I wanted to start making an impact on my community, and thriving at everything I did. I started to volunteer in church more often, and no focus so much on my social status. Today, I am no longer afraid of how people perceive me. This has made all the difference to me now, as I no longer judge others as I once had. I can finally like people for who they legitimately are, not by their interests or goals. I overcame my fear, and do not need to regard others opinions on how I live my life, and will continue to do so until my journey has come to an end.