I am Scared of Bullying

sshaffn1
During the past few weeks at my school, I've been feeling less and less comfortable in my learning environment. I'm being bullied. It's so nonchalant, no one thinks about what they say or the effects it could have on a person. It's a disgusting habit lots of people have gotten into, sadly. People are say mean thing just to talk, just to be heard, just to tear someone else down. What I am most scared of is the growing lack of compassion in the world and how this is expressed through bullying.

It's an epidemic. How many stories on the news have you seen recently about kids committing suicide? A twelve year old girl just jumped off of a building not too long ago. She was not even a teenager yet and she took her own life. Other kids harassed her online constantly to the point where she just couldn't take it anymore. It is such a waste, she had her whole life snatched from her grasp by a couple of mean girls ands keyboard. No one should ever make anyone feel so terrible. No one has the right.

In this day and age there are many ways to bully. There's physical abuse, lots of guys beat each other up just to prove they're the manliest man. There's cyber bullying, which can be extra dangerous because very few parents monitor what their kids do online like they should. Then there's good-old-fashioned verbal abuse. "Oh did you hear the rumor about Shane?" "Did you see what Susy was wearing? Talk about ugly..." What's ugly is the way people speak about others.

We are all equal. No one is born any better than anyone else. We shouldn't pick on each other based on physical appearance, how we act, what we wear, what grades we get, how much money we have, our sexual orientation, our religious preferences, our political affiliations, or anything else. We are all born equal and deserve to be treated as such. No one should live in pain or fear because if what others say.

It has been said one million times before, but one million times isn't enough. Bullying is a serious issue, people can and will continue to die from it if nothing is done. Families are left without children. Kids are left forever missing their brother or sister. There is no acceptable reason to bully anyone, so the fact that we do so often and so viciously scares me more than anything. The thought of others being abused and having to deal with that pain hurts me and makes me cringe. It terrifies me that we may continue down this path and that more time, energy, and life will be wasted on bullying.

Comment by Aisley

Everyone who has been through something like this in their life know how it can affect a person. I am sure that edubirdie review would be willing to write something to make sure it is reduced.
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:11:26 PM