I am Scared of the Dark

writingchamp12
The dark is such an interesting place. It is full of wonder, dreams, and unimaginable possibilities. But despite all these wonderful things that are said to happen in the dark, to me, it is a place that is scary, dark, and bloodcurdling. Of course, anyone who is of my age wouldn’t find the dark to be such a wicked place. They would feel as though my phobia is childish and that my fears could be overcome easily. But if they were with me in my room that dreadful night, chances are that they would fear the dark as well.
The time was about 10:00 at night. Everyone in my house was asleep with the exception of me as I lay there drifting deep inside my thoughts. Visions of what may happen the next day played through my mind. As you can see, the night started off relatively normal, that is, until I felt my bed shake. Suddenly, my heartbeat switched from relaxed to a frantic drumbeat and I sat up rapidly. It was nearly impossible for my bed to shake on its own.There was no one else in my room, no pets either. What could have caused my bed to shake the way that it did?
That question remained in my head for about five more minutes and my heart began to relax to its normal beating. But of course, the wicked dark does not see fit for someone such as myself to have a regular night. As I lay back down and tried to shake the past events from my memory, I began to hear the thudding of what sounded like footsteps outside of my room. Once again, my body had another panic attack. My eyes grew wide as I lay in my bed frozen and scared to witness what would happen next. I could hear heavy breathing and the footsteps seemed to grow louder with every minute that passed. I could not scream for help because it would only draw attention to me.
BOOM BOOM BOOM! That was the sound my heart was making as I lay in my bed wondering why this was happening. Suddenly the temperature in my room switched from cold to hot and I braced myself for the event that would happen next. Was it a ghost? Could it have been a silly prank? Or could it have been my mind and body playing tricks on me? Until this day that, answer is unknown. But I do have a question for you. Are you afraid yet?