I am scared of being a victim

Emily97
I’m scared of being a victim again. When people ask me about my childhood, I tell them that I don’t remember much, a big chunk of my life gone. After the incident, I tried so hard to forget about what happened to me. Sometimes, I will have flashbacks of what happened that day. He thinks I forgot what he did to me. At the time, I was about 8 or 9 years old. I was at my Auntie June’s house with her daughter and son (my cousins), Rebecca and Danny, Auntie Patty and her granddaughter (my 2nd cousin), Marie. My Auntie June had gone out, so my Auntie Patty was watching us. Auntie Patty was downstairs sewing. Rebecca, Marie, and I were playing house. My other cousin, Danny, had called me into the bathroom. He closed the door, locked it, and pulled down my pants. I started screaming, and my cousins ran to the bathroom door and started banging on the door. He pinned me down on the floor, and raped me. At the time, Auntie Patty was calling our names, and when we didn’t answer, she came upstairs looking for us. She found my cousins banging on the door. She told my other cousin, Danny, to open the door. He opened the door and let me out. She asked him what he was doing, and he said he was trying to scare us. I so badly wanted to tell her what really happened, but I was really afraid that she wouldn’t believe me. I mean, I was just a little kid. Who would believe an 8 or 9 year old saying she was raped than a 13 or 14 year old teenage boy? Now, 7 or 8 years later, to this day, I’m still afraid of him. I believe that, even though I’m now 16 years old, he will still get me.
Comment by futurejournalist

Emily, you need to tell someone about this. Tell your aunt or one of your parents. This guy obviously had serious problems, and even if it doesn't happen to you again, there's a big chance it WILL happen to someone. I know that talking about this to someone is really hard, and terrifying even, but if you don't do something, the problem won't resolve itself, it will only continue. What if no one ever told? What if they sat in the background and let it happen over and over again? This world is a dangerous place, and it will never change unless you make it change. This isn't just taking responsibility for yourself, it is for every other girl in this world who might go through the same thing. You have to say something. Nothing bad will happen if you do, only good can come from doing the right thing.
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:19:15 AM