I am scared of the dark

Sara43
I am scared of the dark. Think about it, who wouldn't be scared of the dark? About 13% of America's population are afraid, and additionally, it's on the top 10 of the phobia list. Darkness is an empty eternity that could contain anything. Vicious monsters, ghosts, demons, people...etc. The fact that you don't know the unknown, is terrifying. You don't know what's out there lurking in the dark, especially when your favored sense is stripped away from you. Maybe that's why you would feel safer when you pull the blankets over your head in bed. You know that what's around you, under the blanket is limited, compared to the unlimited darkness whispering to you in your room. When you're left in the dark, your mind lets loose. Your body is staged in a flight-or-fight mode, making up outrageous scenarios that makes up for your loss of sight. Your brain desperately grips onto anything to help you survive. With your imagination, you could conquer up anything. Basically, when I'm afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of my own mind. So think again, who wouldn't be scared of the dark? Nevertheless, this quote states,“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.”